Process Development and Scale-up Software for Scientists and Engineers
Scale-up Suite™ is the world's leading supplier of process development software to the global pharmaceutical industry. Through our Scale-up Suite software (including Dynochem® and Reaction Lab™) and outstanding user support, Scale-up Suite provide companies with the capability to achieve accelerated development and scale-up of new compounds. We want to positively impact the development of every potential new medicine. To see how the pharmaceutical industry benefits from working with this software, contact us today!
Generate Better Outcomes
Optimize reactions faster, using fewer experiments
- Use mechanistic models to predict conditions that maximize yield and minimize impurities in synthetic organic processes
- Quickly transform routinely collected process, PAT, and offline analytical data into kinetic models that enable greater reaction understanding with limited time and materials
- Extract full value from data to provide critical guidance and speed development work
- Build confidence in scale-up using data-driven, prediction-based methodology
- Develop higher-performing, greener chemistry to contribute to sustainability goals
Right First Time Scale-Up
Predict the performance of every unit operation before each campaign to ensure success on scale-up from lab to plant
- Predict mixing effects on reactions and crystallizations at different scales and vessel types
- Simplify and accelerate tech transfer and increase collaboration with CDMO and manufacturing partners
- Design safe processes by predicting key parameters such as time to maximum rate (TMR) and maximum temperature of synthesis reaction (MTSR)
- Develop an understanding of kinetics and other engineering parameters to enable the effective translation of processes from batch to flow chemistry
- Extensive library of ready-to-use simulation tools developed by industry experts, readily available to all users
Bioprocess Modeling at Any Scale
Enable process characterization across typical upstream and downstream unit operations
- Mixing calculation tools help scale from lab reactors such as ambr™ 15, shake flasks, and rocked / wave bags to stirred tank reactors (STRs)
- Ensure adequate mixing without excessive shear in operations ranging from media development/prep to UF/DF, avoiding batch failures and yield loss
- Develop bioreactor models to support the prediction of glucose and DO levels, pH, and titer at each scale, leveraging mixing tools to ensure uniform spatial distribution
- Downstream capabilities include models for disk-stack centrifugation, depth filtration, chromatography, virus inactivation, conjugation, TFF, and diafiltration, including the design of mixing set-ups
- Fill/finish tools leverage predictions of lyophilization (primary and secondary drying) in vials, including prevention of meltback / collapse, and ensure adequate mixing of excipients
Scale-up Suite FAQ
Is Scale-up Systems the same company as METTLER TOLEDO?
As of Friday, October 1st, 2021 Scale-up Systems has become part of the METTLER TOLEDO Group. Our organization will join the METTLER TOLEDO AutoChem business that is serving many of the same customers in the pharmaceutical industry. We are excited about the opportunities this important step in our company history presents.
The combination of our widely used Scale-up Suite™ process development and scale-up software with METTLER TOLEDO's market-leading products and services for biological and chemical process development creates the most comprehensive offerings for these important applications in the pharmaceutical and chemical industry.
We are committed to continuing to deliver the excellent products and customer support that our customers have come to expect from Scale-up Systems and look forward to adding the global strengths of METTLER TOLEDO.
Scale-up Related Resources
GreenMT for Sustainable Development
METTLER TOLEDO is committed to not only maintaining carbon neutrality for our operations but also to establishing science-based targets to drive an absolute reduction of greenhouse gas emissions across our operations and supply chain. The Scale-up Suite will:
- Reduce the number of materials used for experiments
- Reduce costs
- Speed up time to market
- Manage risk