Brochure: Crucibles for Thermal Analysis
Crucibles serve as containers for samples during DSC and TGA measurements. They guarantee that the sensor is not contaminated during the measurement. The type of crucible used for a measurement can have a large effect on the quality of the results obtained, and also influences important characteristics of the measuring cell. Considering the relevant factors before the measurement can often help save time later on when interpreting the curve.
Features and benefits of the METTLER TOLEDO thermal analysis crucibles:
- Large volume crucibles – increase the sensitivity
- Low mass crucibles – push the resolution to the limit
- Highest purity – no reactions between sample and crucible caused by impure materials
- Material – guarantees high thermal conductivity and dimensional stability
- Flat crucible base – ensures perfect thermal contact and minimizes artifacts