Our engineering for weighing offers more than 150 fact-filled pages that offer a wide range of information on applications with scale load cells to help you create an ideal weighing and inventory control system, irrespective of using a 50 kg load cell or a load cell 50 ton.
This includes critical information such as:·
- Assessing your tank, platform or conveyor system performance needs and setting specific performance criteria in order to match them with load cell specifications.
- Engineering calculations that account for the effects of wind, seismic, shock, thermal effects and load cell cables on the scale load cells and your weighing system (e.g. the difference between a 50 kg load cell and a load cell 50 ton).
- Creating tank piping-connection designs in the context with support structure and foundation.
- Qualification guidelines for structural, foundation, electrical and mechanical considerations to ensure best accuracy and find the perfect match with our load cell specifications.
- A complete set of engineering specifications for compression load cell, tension load cell, static load cell, and dynamic load cell applications
- How calibration, verification and service help to ensure long-term tank scale performance and system uptime
- How does the load cell cable length influence the reading of a tank scale
This comprehensive library of information on tank-weighing and customized scale design will help those in engineering, operations or integration apply and use scale load cells.
Weigh Module Systems is the most comprehensive handbook on how to design tank-based weighing systems and the application of scale load cells available in the industrial market today. Irrespective of the capacity, e.g. using a 50 kg load cell or a load cell 50 ton, if you work in engineering, operations, or integration and desire to learn more about the applications and use of scale load cells in tank-based storage and weighing systems, then this free, downloadable English-language resource is for you.
This comprehensive guide also contains a chemical resistance resource chart that compares more than 30 types of steel, composites and finishes with more than 400 chemicals, solvents and materials to help ensure tank-scale system safety and longevity. More than 10 additional useful appendices combine to make your tank weigh-system design process faster and easier than ever.
New Weigh Module and Load Cell Technology Improves Overall Efficieny
METTLER TOLEDO’s new PowerMount™ weigh modules and POWERCELL® load cell technology provides predictive maintenance features to improve Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE). Their condition monitoring features continuously monitor scale load cell performance, discovering variances before they impact productivity. This allows manufacturers to stay in control of processes and avoid mistakes before they cost money.
Without the kind of continuous monitoring offered by POWERCELL® scale load cells, errors such as load cell overload, poor communication caused by damaged load cell cables between modules, out-of-symmetry errors, and out-of-range temperatures can go unnoticed for long periods. When they do, out-of-specification batches and poor quality product are the result. Significant costs and damage to company reputation can occur.
PowerMountTM - equipped with POWERCELL® load cell technology with on-board microprocessors not only alert operators to performance degradation — they also adjust the weighing signal to compensate for environmental changes (see POWERCELL® load cell specifications). This allows PowerMount™ weigh modules to provide accurate weighing regardless of the effects of temperature, linearity, hysteresis, and creep. In the unlikely event of load cell failure, PowerMount’s design also makes individual scale load cells easy to replace. POWERCELL® is available in many different capacities (e.g. as a load cell 50 ton).