Static scales slowing you down? See how in-motion weighing solutions can increase productivity at your facility by helping you weigh in a fraction of the time—at a fraction of the cost.
In-motion weighing systems by METTLER TOLEDO can improve productivity, automation, and safety at your facility. Low-speed weigh-in-motion (LS WIM) truck scales and coupled-in-motion (CIM) rail scales eliminate the need to fully stop on the scale, resulting in a large number of weighments in a fraction of the time, at a fraction of the cost.
LS WIM Solutions
This economical solution weighs vehicles accurately as they drive over the scale platform at speeds up to 15mph. Benefits of installing an LS WIM truck scale include:
1. Increased throughput
- Increase throughput while maintaining compliance
- Weigh up to 80 percent more trucks per day per scale
- Keep customers and law enforcement happy by avoiding traffic backups
2. Reduced footprint
- Up to 70 percent less capital investment than static scales
- Up to 5X faster installation time
- Most flexible installation option, install wherever your process needs it
3. System integration
- Don't compromise, design the system you want
- Install faster with our consultative approach to projects
4. Lean processing and load planning
- Ensure lean container processing by avoiding weight surprises late in the traffic flow
- Handle containers 50 percent less than when using crane scales
5. Maintenance and service
- Save time and money on scale maintenance by minimizing required equipment
- Spend up to 50 percent less on maintenance
This legal-for-trade solution weighs rail cars, coupled together as a train, passing over a scale at speeds of 3-6mph. The CIM scale identifies each car with weight, speed, and direction and accurately reports the weight of each car.
Benefits of installing a CIM rail scale include:
1. Improved efficiency
- Reduced manpower requirements as the system weighs and records all information automatically
2. Greater flexibility
- Entire system can be unattended and remotely located for convenient traffic flow
3. Improved data integrity
- All data can be automated, from the weighing process through the data entry process at the office
- No manual entries reduces risk of human error
- Average of 10-15 seconds to weigh a car, as compared to 3-5 minutes to get a static weight (Uncouple Car → Move Car → Weigh Car → Move Car → Recouple)
- Increasing process speed doesn't compromise operator safety because there is no need to uncouple the scale and risk potentially fatal situations
If your static scales are keeping your processes from running as efficiently and cost-effectively as you'd like, it's time to consider in-motion weighing solutions. Learn more today!