This Cookies Policy page describes the way in which cookies are used on this website and how you can enable or disable cookies. In particular, it covers the following:
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your browser when you use websites and applications so that the computer, tablet or mobile device can be recognized at a later time.
We have implemented a cookies policy as part of our initiative to comply with existing legislation and also to make sure that we are open and clear with you about what happens when you visit this website.
METTLER-TOLEDO and our partners leverage cookies in several ways, both as first party cookies which are stored from the mt.com domain, and third party cookies which are stored via our partner domains. We leverage this information in the following ways:
These are the first party cookies which are stored from our mt.com domain:
- Country Cookie: remembers the country pre-selected by the user or deep-linked into a country domain.
- Language Cookie: remembers the language pre-selected by the user.
- IP-Country Cookie: remembers the country of the user based on the IP Address of the user.
- Feedback Form User Information Cookie: remembers certain information provided by the user in a feedback form (first name, last name, email address, phone, company name, address, city, state, postal code, salutation, country) to help pre-populate similar feedback forms in the future.
- Logged In Welcome Message Cookie: stores certain information needed to present the user with the welcome message from his logged in screen.
- Logged in Access Groups Cookie: used only selected countries, where selected content special is only accessible to pre-approved access groups. After successful login with username and password, this cookie is set to remember whether access is granted or denied to specific access groups.
- HTTP Referrer: stores the referring site through which the user came or was directed to the Site. We only use this information when a user submits a request for to us. Note that the below third party service providers may gather referrer information as well as part of their processes.
- Mood Image Selection: remembers the image(s) presented to a user during a visit as to enable us to show the same image(s) at future Site visits.
METTLER-TOLEDO does not share the information obtained through the above first party cookies with third parties. It may, however share this information with other Affiliates of the Group.
If you object to METTLER-TOLEDO using these cookies, you can adjust the privacy settings of your browser. Please refer to your specific browser's help function for defining your desired security and privacy settings or find more information on www.aboutcookies.org.
The following cookies from third party providers are leveraged to help us provide a better experience to the users of our Site. Each of these services additionally store cookie information for their tools, which is beyond our control. For questions about these tools, please refer to each of their respective policies.
You are informed and consent that the tracking IDs that we share with some of our partners (e.g. Google), may be also processed by their parent companies in the US (e.g. Google LLC.), for the purposes of supporting the services provided by their European branches. We make sure that our partners commit to implement appropriate contractural, organizational and technical measures to prevent and limit any unlawful disclosure of your data.
- AddThis: AddThis is a content sharing and social insights platform. For more information about this cookie see http://www.addthis.com. If you want to opt out from this cookie, please go to http://www.addthis.com/advertising-choices#.T8cvl1KtEcs or to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Eloqua: Eloqua is a provider of Internet marketing solutions spanning demand generation, lead nurturing or marketing automation. For more information about this cookie see http://www.eloqua.com. If you want to opt out from this cookie, please go to http://www.eloqua.com/about/privacy/opt_status/.
- Google Signal: By accepting these cookies, you agree on enhanced advertising features through Google Signal, to help us better understand our customers activity across devices, using Google's signed-in-data. With Google Signal activated, Google Analytics will associate the visitation information it collects from our site, with Google information from accounts of signed-in users who have consented to this association, for the purpose of ads personalization.
This Google information may include end user location, search history, YouTube history, and data from sited that partner with Google – and is used to provide aggregated and anonymized insights into our users' cross device behaviors.
Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', true) " to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses .
In order to provide you with better targeted advertising, we may also enable the following Google Analytics Advertising Features
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
The enabled Google Analytics features may also help finding out what your interests are based on previous visits to websites other than ours and collected directly via Google.
For more information and if you want to opt out from this cookie, please go to http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/ or to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Google Ads: Google Ads is a contextual advertising program. For more information about this cookie see https://adwords.google.com. If you want to opt out from this cookie, please go to http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/ or to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Omniture: Omniture is an online marketing and web analytics system. For more information or if you want to opt out from this cookie, please go to the following link: http://www.omniture.com/en/privacy/2o7
- YouTube: Youtube is a Google video provider platform. Some of our videos are hosted on Youtube. For more information about this cookie, please go to the following link: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. If you want to opt out from this cookie, please go to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- LivePerson Chat: The chat functionality allows you to talk or chat to one of our agents via the website in real time. The application provider of this functionality, LivePerson, sets a cookie that allows for an analysis of our website and enables us to provide you with optimal service through chat. The information collected cannot be traced back directly to you, neither is personal information connected to user profiles. For more information about this cookie please look at http://www.liveperson.com/policies/customer-website-privacy
- Matelso: Matelso is a provider of call tracking phone numbers. For more information about this cookie please go to the following link: https://www.matelso.de/w/de-de/datenschutz.aspx
- Pingdom: Pingdom is a service that monitors the uptime, downtime, and performance of websites. For more information about this cookie please see https://www.pingdom.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Crazy Egg: Crazy Egg is a heatmapping and visual analytics tool. For more information about this cookie see https://www.crazyegg.com/cookies
How to manage cookies
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your device by modifying the settings of your browser. Please see below how to do this.
Please note that if you choose to disable cookies completely, it may cause browsing or using the services offered on our website difficult, or even prevent them altogether from working.
Please see the links below for guidance about how to block or delete cookies on the most popular browsers: