Product Brochure – Flash DSC 2+
The Flash DSC 2+ from METTLER TOLEDO redefines fast-scanning differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). The tool can examine reorganization processes that were not possible to measure in the past.
The ultra-high heating and cooling rates introduce a new dimension to the analysis of thermally induced physical transitions and chemical processes—for instance, the crystallization and reorganization of metals, polymers, and other materials.
The Flash DSC 2+ features numerous advantages, including:
- Two chip sensors – the standard UFS 1 chip sensor (for larger amounts of organic materials and temperatures up to 500 °C) or the high-temperature UFH 1 sensor (for temperatures up to 1000 °C)
- Ultra-high heating rates of up to 3'000'000 K/min – suppress reorganization processes
- Ultra-high cooling rates of up to 2'400'000 K/min – allow the formation of materials with defined structural properties
- High sensitivity – permits measurements at low heating rates that overlap with conventional DSC
- Wide temperature range – perform measurements from –95 °C to 1000 °C (ideal for metallic or ceramic materials)
- Simplicity of use – from easy sample preparation and sensor change, to convenient result evaluation
- Oxygen-free conditions – protect samples against oxidation
- Fast response sensor – enables the kinetics of extremely fast reactions or crystallization processes to be studied