WIM (Weigh In Motion) Systems
Proven Reliability and Ease of Use for Vehicle Weight Enforcement Applications
METTLER TOLEDO WIM systems provide accurate, robust solutions for high-volume, in-motion vehicle weighing. Whether in a fixed weighing facility, in a stand-alone virtual weigh station, or in a data collection installation, these systems provide a more efficient and cost-effective alternative to static axle or full-platform scales.
Depending on the application, multiple weighing sensor technologies can be used, including low-maintenance scale platforms with stainless steel load cells, or the Kistler Lineas® Quartz sensor, for fast and minimally invasive installation.
|Applications Applications:Weigh In Motion (WIM)||Weigh In Motion (WIM)|
|Suitable indicators Suitable indicators:IND560, IND560 PDX, IND780||IND560, IND560 PDX, IND780|
Features and Benefits
- Choice of powerful, flexible scale terminals -- IND560, IND560 PDX and IND780
Staggered WIM sensor configuration eliminates the need for costly, maintenance-intensive axle sensors.
- METTLER TOLEDO exclusive Auto-Calibration of the WIM sensors via a static scale interface eliminates costly regular calibration.
- Full system integration provides maximum flexibility in real-world applications, from communication with state-wide data networks to combining weighing operations with other vehicle safety and compliance-checking technologies.
- Range of peripheral devices includes:
- Over-height and off-scale detection
- Variable Messaging Signs to sort vehicles and control traffic flow
- In-motion vehicle dimensioning
- Image capturing with LPR (License Plate Reader) and OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology
- Designed to comply with ASTM 1318-02 requirements.