High performance weighing solutions for all industries
MID certified dynamic checkweighing solutions for compliance with weights & measures regulations and quality control in industries such as meat, poultry & seafood, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, ready meals and baby food production.
A checkweigher is a high-precision weight measuring instrument. It is designed to check the weight of individual products during the manufacturing process on production lines.
Checkweighers are predominatly used as part of a manufacturing quality control programme. Their weighing results are required to ensure that manufacturing sites comply with local packaging laws and regulations during production.
A checkweigher ensures that every product leaving a production line is the right weight. They are key to ensuring manufacturers deliver quality products that promote high levels of customer satisfaction. Selling underweight products can result in companies being fined or subject to other penalties. Overweight products generate unnecessary and expensive product giveaway. Checkweighers can be used in near to all industries as part of an effective quality assurance system. These include:
- Metal manufacture and fabrication industries
A typical checkweighing system comprises of:
- An infeed section
- A weighing section with Weighing/load cell
- An outfeed section with sorting/rejecting device
- A weighing terminal as user interface
- A solid and vibration minimising frame
There are many different checkweigher designs in common use. The components used to construct a checkwegher will vary in details depending on how they are used. The characteristics of the items being weighed and their surrounding environment are also have a strong impact on the design.
The main differences between static and dynamic checkweighers are:
- Static checkweighers measure the weight of products that stand still. Dynamic checkweighers weigh products in motion.
- Static checkweighers are used for manual weighing of products or for sample spot-checking. Dynamic checkweighers automatically check 100 % of the products produced
- Static checkweighing is a labour intensive process. It requires manual product weighing, recording of the result and then product removal for the next weighing procedure. Dynamic checkweighing is entirely automatic. Products are weighed as they pass along a production line, with off-weight products rejected from the production line by automated removal devices such as pneumatic pusher arms or air-jets.
- Bench scales, used for manual weight control and portioning of products or for sample-spot checking
- Designed to allow an fast and accurate checkweighing and portioning process
- Available in numerous variations and sizes for ergonomic working procedures
- Allow integration into data management systems for data tracking and analysis
- Fast and convenient label printing
- Weigh products in motion.
- Automatically check the weight of 100% of the products
- Performing sample tests for net weight and tare weight reports that satisfy Weights & Measures compliance requirements and Weights & Measures package tare weight verification reports
Both static and dynamic checkweighers are to be found in most production environments, with static checkweighers commonly:
- Determining target weights for dynamic checkweighers
- Performing sample tests for net weight and tare weightreports that satisfy Weights & Measures compliance requirements and Weights & Measures package tare weight verification reports
The choice of checkweighing system used on a production line is usually dictated by application requirements and processes.
Checkweighers have long been a key element of production operations, as they are capable of far more than just weighing, and can actually optimise your whole production process. Benefits of a checkweigher include:
- avoid costly fines with 100% weight inspection
- keep fillers operating in synchronisation
- save material, so as to produce more products and profits
- improve production processes and equipment efficiency
- save labor and personnel costs
- reduce false rejects and rework
- maintain the identity of your brand
METTLER TOLEDO standard and highly customized checkweighing solutions are built to suit your specific applications and environment, as well as your regulatory and industry requirements.
We deliver productivity and profitability via the most comprehensive line of checkweighers for the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical and non-food industries.
A wide range of sizes and configurations (such as multi-lane checkweighers, different sorting devices, belt-designs and product guiding systems) are available to handle nearly any container type or package design, even at high production rates, to ensure accurate product delivery, reduced giveaway, and optimized production processes.
The innovative dashboard-style controls and intuitive multi-lingual operator interface make product set-up and changeover fast and error-free, to ensure maximum uptime and productivity. Optional harsh wash-down design up to IP69k and integrated metal detection and X-ray technology complete the impressive features of the METTLER TOLEDO checkweighing product portfolio.