View Inline Particle Size and Shape in Real Time With In Situ PVM images
ParticleView V19 with PVM (Particle Vision and Measurement) technology is a probe-based video microscope that visualizes particles and particle mechanisms as they exist in process. High resolution images are continuously captured under a wide range of process conditions without the need for sampling or offline analysis. A process trend, sensitive to changes in particle size and concentration, is automatically combined with the most relevant images, providing scientists with a straightforward and reliable method to ensure comprehensive understanding is acquired with every experiment.
- Study Particle Size and Shape - High resolution imaging of particles in real time enables scientists to determine the influence of process parameters on particle size and shape. Particles can be designed to behave predictably as key parameters change during development, scale-up and manufacturing.
- Characterize Transient Events and Elusive Mechanisms - Particles and particle structures often change when sampled. By visualizing crystals, droplets and other delicate particle structures inline, scientists can characterize transient events and elusive mechanisms that may be critical for optimizing the quality of a product or process.
- Investigate Critical Process Events and Upsets - An image-based trend, sensitive to changing particle size, shape and concentration, helps scientists identify and then investigate important process events and upsets. The fast and reliable method reduces the time and effort needed to fully understand complex particle systems and processes.
- Make Evidence-Based Decisions At a Lower Cost - By visualizing particles and particle mechanisms inline, scientists acquire knowledge that would otherwise prove too difficult or time consuming to obtain. Such knowledge supports evidence-based decision making and process development at a lower cost.
Common V19 applications include:
- Understanding crystallization processes
- Identifying mechanisms such as growth, agglomeration, breakage, and shape changes
- Controlling particle size and shape
- Monitoring polymorphic transitions
- Identifying the source of batch-to-batch inconsistencies
- Optimizing oil/water separations
- Viewing particle and droplet systems where sampling is not possible
|Probe Wetted Material Probe Wetted Material:C22 alloy||C22 alloy|
|Probe Window Material Probe Window Material:Sapphire||Sapphire|
|Probe Wetted Temperature Range Probe Wetted Temperature Range:-80 °C to 120 °C (purged)Probe Wetted Temperature Range:10 °C to 120 °C (standard)||-80 °C to 120 °C (purged); 10 °C to 120 °C (standard)|
|Probe Back End Temperature Range Probe Back End Temperature Range:0 °C – 40 °C||0 °C – 40 °C|
|Probe Wetted Pressure Range Probe Wetted Pressure Range:0 barg to 10 barg (standard)Probe Wetted Pressure Range:up to 100 barg (custom)||0 barg to 10 barg (standard); up to 100 barg (custom)|
|Certifications Certifications:IEC/UL/CSA 61010-1Certifications:EN 61326-1Certifications:Class 1 Laser Device compliant with 21CFR1040.10, 21CFR1040.11 and IEC 60825Certifications:Probe back end rated for IP65 and 4X||IEC/UL/CSA 61010-1; EN 61326-1; Class 1 Laser Device compliant with 21CFR1040.10, 21CFR1040.11 and IEC 60825; Probe back end rated for IP65 and 4X|
|For Use In For Use In:Laboratory: EasyMax, OptiMax or Larger||Laboratory: EasyMax, OptiMax or Larger|
|Software Software:iC PVM||iC PVM|
|Imaging System Imaging System:Front Lasers: Backscattered imagesImaging System:Back Lasers: Transmission images with use of optional clamp-on reflector||Front Lasers: Backscattered images; Back Lasers: Transmission images with use of optional clamp-on reflector|
|Illumination Illumination:Internal light sourceIllumination:Front Lasers: 4Illumination:Back Lasers: 4||Internal light source; Front Lasers: 4; Back Lasers: 4|
|Probe Window Seals Probe Window Seals:TM (standard, no o-rings)||TM (standard, no o-rings)|
|Probe Diameter Probe Diameter:19 mm [0.75 in]||19 mm [0.75 in]|
|Probe Wetted Length Probe Wetted Length:400 mm [15.75 in]||400 mm [15.75 in]|
|Conduit Length Conduit Length:2 m [6.6 ft]||2 m [6.6 ft]|
|Field of View Field of View:1300 μm x 890 μm||1300 μm x 890 μm|
|Optical Resolution Optical Resolution:> 2 μm||> 2 μm|
|Image Resolution Image Resolution:1500 x 1024 pixels||1500 x 1024 pixels|
|Weight (probe, interface unit and cables) Weight (probe, interface unit and cables):1.45 kg [3.20 lb]||1.45 kg [3.20 lb]|
|Air Requirements Air Requirements:Always use clean, dry instrument quality air or NitrogenAir Requirements:Low flow purge (optional, use to avoid condensation), 1.4 barg [20 psig], 0.5 SLPM [0.02 SCFM]||Always use clean, dry instrument quality air or Nitrogen; Low flow purge (optional, use to avoid condensation), 1.4 barg [20 psig], 0.5 SLPM [0.02 SCFM]|
|Power Requirements Power Requirements:Powered USB extenderPower Requirements:100-240V (auto-switching), 50/60Hz, 0.3A||Powered USB extender; 100-240V (auto-switching), 50/60Hz, 0.3A|
|Material Number(s) Material Number(s):14000031||14000031|