- Remember to store weights in original packaging
- Keep weights near the balance
- Handle with care
- Clean according to OIML/ASTM recommendations
- Use specialized handles for bigger weights
- Avoid actions that might damage test weights
jewelry weight handling
From jewelry weighing to assays and density determinations, jewelry weighing results are critical for the retailer's reputation hence require highest measuring precision which can be obtained by correct weight handling. Moreover, accuracy in weighing helps to avoid error-related costs and operate with accordance to regulations.
Learn how test weight affects weighing accuracy:
- Using balance tested with mishandled reference weights can lead to considerable weighing errors.
- The percentage mass variation becomes particularly critical while using small weights or working with materials such as gemstones and precious metals where weight determines price.
- Even small inaccuracies can result in significant monetary losses over time.
- Inaccuracies mean non-compliance with legal-for-trade requirements or damage to your professional reputation.test
Weights are the most important equipment used not only for calibration but also for testing of scales and balances. This requires manually handling a set of test weights suitable for the balance. Correct weight handling has a significant impact on jewellery weighing.
Find out why - this document gives you helpful tips and tricks to make your weights maintain accuracy long-term.
With our guide you will learn more about the dos and don'ts of handling with weights.
- Do not touch weights with bare hands
- Do not forget periodic recalibration
- Do not use a weight with dust or water on its surface
- Do not use a weight when in doubt
- Do not clean with abrasive or caustic chemicals
- Do not underestimate static forces