Automation and robotics are becoming increasingly important in the laboratory. They relieve scientists of tedious, time-consuming and repetitive work while enhancing speed, improving accuracy, and enabling faster product development.
Lab automation has been shown to reduce process errors by 50% and increase productivity by up to 75%. Labs are better able to meet tight deadlines, get higher performance from busy teams, and do more with less.
High-throughput experimentation or screening (HTE/HTS) has revolutionized pharmaceutical research by enabling rapid reaction optimization and screening of compound libraries against therapeutic targets.
The unique CHRONECT XPR system represents the latest development in robotic weighing for high accuracy powder dispensing. It combines the advanced weighing technology of the XPR Automatic Balance with a state-of-the-art 6-axis robotic arm. This combination can produce nearly unmatched accuracy, repeatability, efficiency, and flexibility in sample preparation workflows — all in a small, bench-saving footprint.
Download our free infographic to learn more about the advantages of high-throughput experimentation with CHRONECT XPR.
METTLER TOLEDO's portfolio of lab automation systems and automated instruments can assist you in streamlining your lab processes.
Our infographic shows the following advantages of automation and robotics in the laboratory, especially in sample preparation of high-throughput experimentation:
- Elimination of repetitive motion injuries by omitting personnel from the workflow.
- Saving reagents by enabling the use of smaller samples (while simultaneously enhancing accuracy).
- Reduction of the hands-on time in the lab by up to 50%.
- Shortens the lead time required to design, screen and synthesize a pharmaceutical or chemical compound from weeks to days.
- Reduced time-to-result by up to 30%.
- Enhanced data quality by up to 18%.