This white paper shares how UV Vis spectrophotometry can facilitate the R&D and manufacturing process of mRNA vaccine.
During the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic COVID-19, mRNA (messenger RNA) vaccines enabled effective vaccination. Research and development of these vaccines rely mainly on their quality to enable good tolerability, effectiveness and rapid availability, which can be assessed with advanced analytical techniques.
This document describes UV Vis spectrophotometry as a simple, cost-efficient and therefore widely used technique that enables efficient and accurate qualitative and quantitative nucleic acid analytics. The white paper furthermore covers promising mRNA vaccines/vaccine candidates and the potential for UV Vis analysis to assist in the accurate and fast characterization of both raw materials and finished products throughout the R&D and manufacturing processes.
- Quality control of vaccines
- Nucleic acid vaccines and lipid nanoparticles (LNPs)
- mRNA-LNPs vaccine manufacturing for COVID-19
- Usage of UV Vis spectrophotometer in quality control of mRNA vaccines
- Possible characterization areas for UV Vis spectrophotometry
- Supporting application notes and literature