Policy Effective May 1, 2022
At METTLER TOLEDO, making sure our customers receive quality products and the support necessary to fully realise the value of our products is a priority. Our customer service representatives and technical support staff are committed to providing you with excellent service.
This policy is intended to make product and parts returns efficient and transparent.
I. Return Policy – Item Failure or Incorrect Shipment
If a standard item, excluding variable configured or custom made, is purchased from METTLER TOLEDO and does not function properly, or an incorrect item is shipped, you must contact us through one of the methods below within 30 calendar days of shipment and follow the provided instructions:
- Phone or email your sales representative
- Email our customer support team – firstname.lastname@example.org
METTLER TOLEDO provides timely and quality repairs for our products. Prior to returning a product due to item failure or incorrect shipment, you must contact our Service team as they are often able to fix the issue on-site, thus reducing costs and inconvenience. Repairs outside the scope of warranty may result in additional charges.
Our service department is staffed Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5:15pm and can be contacted on 0116 234 0484 or email@example.com
Please follow the guidelines below when returning an item. METTLER TOLEDO reserves the right to refuse receipt and return shipment at customer expense if these guidelines are not followed:
- Contact us as above and obtain a Return Authorisation Number (RAN) within 30 calendar days of shipment from METTLER TOLEDO. RAN must be visible on packaging to be processed correctly
- Place return items in the original packing materials and box. It is important to carefully repack the item to prevent freight damage or electrostatic discharge in transit
- Include all equipment, manuals, peripheral and accessories originally packed with item
- Affix the official return label displaying the RAN sent by METTLER TOLEDO Customer Support in an easily identified spot on box top
- Return item must be received by METTLER TOLEDO within 60 calendar days of RAN issue. METTLER TOLEDO reserve the right to cancel return orders not received in this time frame
You may be billed for a replacement product, but will be provided credit once METTLER TOLEDO receives, inspects and verifies the return. Once the METTLER TOLEDO Returns department approves the returned item, you will be entitled to full credit or replacement equipment if the return was a result of a warranty failure or an incorrect shipment.
II. Return Policy – All Other Returns
Should you decide you no longer need or want an item after it is purchased and shipped, our Return Policy, written approval by METTLER TOLEDO and the procedures below will guide you through the process. METTLER TOLEDO reserves the right to refuse receipt and return shipment at customer expense if these guidelines are not followed or criteria is not met.
For items that are standard only (not variable configurations or made to order) and are not a result of a warranty failure or incorrect shipment, you may receive full credit, less a re-stocking fee equal to minimum 15% of the item price (minimum re-stocking fee: £200). You will not be credited for return-freight charges.
To receive proper credit, the following guidelines must be met:
- You must contact METTLER TOLEDO Customer Support and obtain a RAN within 30 calendar days of shipment from METTLER TOLEDO
- Item is not variable equipment or custom-made, i.e. made for only one customer, required alteration or engineering of a standard product
- Item must be returned in original packing materials and box
- Item must be returned with all equipment, manuals, peripherals and accessories originally packed with item
- Item must be affixed with the official return label displaying the RAN sent by METTLER TOLEDO Customer Support in an easily identified area on box top
- Item must be received by METTLER TOLEDO within 60 calendar days of RAN issue. METTLER TOLEDO reserves the right to cancel return orders not received in this time frame
- You are responsible for paying return freight charges
- Item must be in “new” condition, which means either unopened or all the following criteria applies to item:
a. Item has not been used
b. Item has passed all tests, metrics and inspection
c. Item shows no sign of wear, scratches, debris, dust, oil or other foreign substances
d. Item shows no sign of use
e. Item includes all manuals, peripherals and accessories originally packed with item