How to Correctly Test Your Industrial Metal Detector
This eGuide on how to correctly test your industrial metal detector starts with an explanation of the differences between validation, verification and routine performance monitoring. It then explains recommended test methods for different types of metal detection systems, including:
- Conveyors with discrete products or packs
- Conveyors with bulk product
- Free-fall vertical packaging applications (Vertical Form, Fill and Seal)
- Gravity-feed inspection systems for powders and granular products
- Pipeline systems for liquids, pastes and slurries
Diagrams are provided to support the best practice recommendations.
The eGuide then goes beyond the basics of routine performance monitoring tests. It explains additional retailer testing requirements that manufacturers may be required to comply with and provides guidance on the recommended frequency of testing.
Several innovations that make the metal detector testing process easier, and in many cases safer for operators, are also highlighted within the guide, including:
- Automatic Test Systems for vertical and gravity-fed inspection applications
- Reduced Test Mode for high volume, dry product applications
- Emulation technology that allows equipment to be controlled remotely
- ProdX data collection software
As an additional bonus, our guide on how to correctly test your industrial metal detector includes numerous tips and tricks throughout to help you optimize your testing processes. Download it today for guidance on:
- What to expect during an annual performance verification audit
- How to choose the right certified test sample format
- How to create and correctly use test packs
- How to eliminate paper test records
If you want to ensure you are testing your metal detector correctly for compliance with food safety standards and regulations, this eGuide is a must-read.