Weighing. It's the easiest and most accurate method for filling syringes, vials, ampoules and tubes. The new guideline provides practical know-how to achieve the best gravimetric filling results.
Weighing is typically the most accurate and reliable measuring method for filling, formulation, dosing and batching processes whether you work with liquids, solids or gas. The method is also highly hygienic and sanitary to eliminate contact with stored substances and enhance operator safety by reducing cross-contamination risk. This can be a huge benefit in highly regulated industries such as pharmaceutical, food, chemical and cosmetics production.
Filling by weight has many advantages compared to volumetric filling with flowmeters or other such devices, including accuracy, ease of calibration, and facilitation of statistical process control and traceability. A huge variety of materials are filled and a corresponding variety of fillers used; weighing is the one universal technology that can be used regardless of the material or container characteristics.
Accurate Weighing for Precise Filling
METTLER TOLEDO offers a comprehensive range of balances, weigh modules and load cells to integrate into machines and instruments. They can be used for filling of vials, ampoules, syringes and capsules.
- Readabilities from 1 microgram to 1 gram
- Capacities from a few grams up to 6 kg
- Fast weighing with update rates of up to 100 values per second
- Stabilization for filtered weight results in a fraction of a second
- ATEX, FM, IECEx approvals for hazardous areas
- Compliance with EHEDG and NSF guidelines about hygienic design to avoid cross contamination and enable cleaning in place (CIP)
- Stainless-steel housings with IP65 protection
- Connectivity via fieldbus or Industrial Ethernet with PLC Systems: PROFINET, PROFIBUS, EtherNet/IP, CC-Link, DeviceNet
- Connectivity with Ethernet TCP/IP to communicate with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Enterprise Resource Systems (ERP)
- Validation support and calibration for highly regulated industries such as pharmaceutical, chemical, cosmetics and food
- Integrated calibration weights to verify functionality and adjust accuracy if needed
Our Free Guide to Accurate Filling
Weight-based filling methods and how to optimize them are detailed in our free guideline “Successful Integration of Weighing for Fast and Accurate Filling.”
METTLER TOLEDO, with its comprehensive range of globally-approved weighing solutions based on two different sensor technologies, can meet the challenge of just about any filling requirement.
The guide explores the different technologies in use today, along with their advantages and disadvantages to help you improve the performance of your filling technology and weighing operations.