This free online event on September 18 is for process chemists and engineers who are interested in learning more about the design of safe processes for scale-up. Each presenter will share practical examples and case studies on the use of Reaction Calorimetry for understanding risk variability, impact assessment, and/or simulation development.
R&D Process Development Seminar – San Francisco, CA
At the June 11 R&D Process Development Seminar, you will interact and network with peers at the leading edge of chemistry, chemical engineering, and bioprocessing. Learn about improving efficiency and innovation in synthetic reaction development, process chemistry, crystallization, safety, and scale-up.
The program features presentations and case studies from industrial and academic experts, who will discuss:
- How researchers are addressing current challenges in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical, bioprocessing, and academic fields
- Specific methods to modernize synthesis, sustain a culture of safety, and provide insight to every reaction or crystallization
- Methods to help your company transform productivity and scale up from lab to plant
This seminar is free of charge but registration is required. Please register today as space is limited. The event will take place between 8am and 6pm on June 11. Speakers include:
- Crystallization Process Development Doesn’t Stop at the Slurry: Using PAT to Interrogate Cake Washing & Drying
Eric Sirota - Merck
- Continuous Processing for the Manufacture of Drug Substance
Marty Johnson - Eli Lilly
- The Ternary Phase Diagram: A Key Tool in the Quest for Chiral Purity Andrew Byrne - APC, Ltd.
- Mighty Machines; Development and Rapid Scaling of Efficient Drug Substance Processes in Purpose-Built Reactors
Matt Bio - SnapDragon Chemistry, Inc.
- Continuous Flow Synthesis of High Explosives at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory: Benefits, Challenges, and Compromise
Nathaniel Zuckerman - Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Evaluation of Potential Safety Hazards of the Palladium Catalyzed Mizoroki-Heck Cross-Coupling of Aryl Bromides with Styrenes
Neeraj Sane - Dow Corteva
- Automation at AbbVie: The Culture and Impact of Adopting New Technology
Westin Morrill - AbbVie
Register now to learn from experts and network with industry peers.
Event begins with registration at 8am. Talks are from 9am to 5pm.
There is no fee to attend but registration is required.