Dynamic Load Cell Technology
This white paper explains that modern checkweighers are capable of far more than just weighing and reveals the many advantages they offer manufacturers. It also discusses the various dynamic load cell technologies available and their suitability for different kinds of applications and production environments.
When it comes to checkweighing, there's no 'one size fits all' solution. This white paper helps manufacturers choose the optimum load cell to meet their own operational needs by enabling them to better understand the technology and how the process for selecting a load cell should be based on the precision required for the respective application, as well as the ambient conditions and product handling parameters.
The white paper focuses on the following areas in detail:
- Which environmental conditions place great demands on a checkweigher?
- How does a 'strain gauge' load cell and EMFR weighing cell determine weight?
- Why can precise procedures still produce inaccurate results?
- What is standard deviation?
- What are the main causes of weighing inaccuracies?
- Why is product handling expertise now more in demand than ever?
- How is the precision of a checkweigher tested?
- What to look for in a good equipment supplier?
A checklist of the most important points to consider when deciding which specific weighing technology to select is included to help manufacturers define and confirm the parameters that are important to their production operations before requesting a quote or meeting with a supplier.
Download this informative white paper to learn more
A checkweigher describes a system that weighs products in motion as they are guided over a load cell on a production line. During this process, the products are grouped into predefined weight zones and then sorted/ejected based on weight classification. While it used to be necessary to manually collect large volumes of data for quality assurance purposes, modern checkweighers document everything in a fraction of a second. One key argument in favour of using checkweighers is that 100% of products are checked.