Phosphate Measurement White Paper
In power plants, water is the lifeblood of the electrical generating process. The characteristics of water/steam impact overall performance. Preventing silica deposition on assets and ensuring proper dosage of phosphate to prevent corrosion are critical.
This white paper includes the following topics:
- The importance of on-line analysis
- Silica in the power plant water cycle
- Phosphate boiler water treatment
With power generation companies facing a multitude of challenges ranging from tightening budgets to making operations more flexible, proper monitoring and control throughout the water/steam cycle enables plants to maximize reliability, safety and profitability. It begins with setting the foundations—monitoring the right chemicals at the right time and under budget. This has led to the growing importance of chemical-specific analyzers, including those for silica and phosphate, to provide dependable, automated, on-line measurements.
The METTLER TOLEDO Thornton 2850Si Silica Analyzer provides dependable, low ppb level silica measurements. With each measurement cycle, it re-zeroes itself on the sample to correct for any changes in sample clarity or the analyzer’s optics. In addition, configurable auto-calibration timing with standard solution level status provides increased operator confidence. The 2850Si offers the following advantages:
- Small Footprint, Greater Functionality: Compact 3-in-1 analyzer includes silica and phosphate measurement plus an integrated multi-stream sequencer.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership: Uses less reagents than comparable analyzers, reducing overall operating costs.
- Intuitive User Interface: Easy M800 Transmitter configuration simplifies training and operation.
- Simple Maintenance Strategy: ISM technology monitors status of consumables for proactive inventory and service planning to reduce downtime.