- Lomont, J. P., Ralbovsky, N. M., Guza, C., Saha-Shah, A., Burzynski, J., Konietzko, J., Wang, S. C., McHugh, P. M., Mangion, I., & Smith, J. P. (2022). Process monitoring of polysaccharide deketalization for vaccine bioconjugation development using in situ analytical methodology. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 209, 114533. doi.org/10.1016/j.jpba.2021.114533
- Haer, M., Strahlendorf, K., Payne, J., Jung, R., Xiao, E., Mirabel, C., Rahman, N., Kowal, P., Gemmiti, G., Cronin, J. T., Gable, T., Park-Lee, K., Drolet-Vives, K., Balmer, M., & Kirkitadze, M. (2021). PAT solutions to monitor adsorption of Tetanus Toxoid with aluminum adjuvants. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 198, 114013. doi.org/10.1016/j.jpba.2021.114013
- Salami, H., McDonald, M. A., Bommarius, A. S., Rousseau, R. W., & Grover, M. A. (2021). In Situ Imaging Combined with Deep Learning for Crystallization Process Monitoring: Application to Cephalexin Production. Organic Process Research & Development, 25(7), 1670–1679. doi.org/10.1021/acs.oprd.1c00136
- Sato, Y., Liu, J., Kukor, A. J., Culhane, J. C., Tucker, J. L., Kucera, D. J., Cochran, B. M., & Hein, J. E. (2021). Real-Time Monitoring of Solid–Liquid Slurries: Optimized Synthesis of Tetrabenazine. The Journal of Organic Chemistry. doi.org/10.1021/acs.joc.1c01098
- Sirota, E., Kwok, T., Varsolona, R. J., Whittaker, A., Andreani, T., Quirie, S., Margelefsky, E., & Lamberto, D. J. (2021). Crystallization Process Development for the Final Step of the Biocatalytic Synthesis of Islatravir: Comprehensive Crystal Engineering for a Low-Dose Drug. Organic Process Research & Development, 25(2), 308–317. doi.org/10.1021/acs.oprd.0c00520
- Zhao, X., Webb, N. J., Muehlfeld, M. P., Stottlemyer, A. L., & Russell, M. W. (2021). Application of a Semiautomated Crystallizer to Study Oiling-Out and Agglomeration Events—A Case Study in Industrial Crystallization Optimization. Organic Process Research & Development, 25(3), 564–575. doi.org/10.1021/acs.oprd.0c00494
EasyViewer with iC Vision
View and Measure Particles In-Situ and in Real Time
EasyViewer™ is an inline particle size analysis tool based on high-resolution microscope images and verifiable image analysis.
Together with image analysis-based particle size measurements, EasyViewer provides a rapid and early understanding of how particles and droplets change. This can be leveraged to improve yield, purity, filtration, and quality in smaller volumes and faster than ever before. Without sampling or diluting, researchers can visualize crystals, particles, and droplets in an outstanding level of detail.
EasyViewer Inline Particle Size Analyzers
For Early Development and Limited Samples
Capture high-resolution images of particles in-situ to obtain deep process understanding for complex systems. Study crystallizations, suspensions, and emulsions in previously unobtainable detail and reveal new insights that will power process development. Lees meer
Longer Probe for Larger Reactors
Leverage auto-focus, auto-lighting, and auto-save-best-image software features to ensure every project team member can collect the highest quality images with just three clicks. Complete data capture and unattended operation to study particles as they naturally exist in process. Lees meer
Convert Images to High-Quality Data
The Image2Chords™ module simplifies particle process development by providing an easy-to-use platform for simultaneous imaging and chord length distributions (CLD’s). Image2Chords converts images to high-quality CLD's, trends, and statistics that are used to confidently characterize particle mechanisms – nucleation, growth, dissolution, breakage, and morphology.
This enables scientists to gain real-time process insights from every experiment with a single in-situ probe and make decisions faster and easier than ever before.
Fully Automated for Unattended Operation
EasyViewer and the powerful iC Vision software utilize innovative auto-focus, auto-lighting, and auto-save best image algorithms. Researchers never miss capturing crisp, high-resolution images of important events — even when working remotely.
Advanced image analysis simplifies data analysis by automatically detecting undesired events, such as droplet formation, that could lead to downstream impurities.
Designed with Ease-Of-Use (And Every Scientist) In Mind
The slim EasyViewer probe has no field unit and requires no utilities, making installation into any size vessel down to 10 mL easier than ever.
With a simple plug-and-play USB connection and streamlined iC Vision software, anyone can pick up an instrument and within minutes, capture stunning images of particles as they naturally exist in-process without sampling or dilution — even in thick slurries.
High-Resolution Images and Intuitive Image Analysis
Stunning images allow scientists to visualize the effect process parameters, such as temperature cycling, have on particle size and shape in real time.
New Experimental Insights
Everyone can capture outstanding microscope quality images without sampling or dilution, even from thick slurries.
Identify Process Risks
Researchers can easily identify oil formation and avoid the conditions that lead to this process risk, thereby improving purity and quality.
Powerful Image Analysis
Introduce analytical size and shape measurements directly into your reactor with powerful image analysis algorithms. Turbidity provides exceptional process trending capabilities, and verifiable image analysis provides accurate size and shape measurement, reducing the need for slow, offline testing.
From Early-To-Late Stage Development
A choice of probe sizes enables confident deployment in any size reactor 10 mL and up.
- EasyViewer 100 – Lightweight and slim probe, ideal for early development when sample volumes are limited, and process unknowns are high.
- EasyViewer 400 – Longer probe and optimized depth of field provide unmatched images for advanced particle engineering in larger reactors.
Slim and lightweight probe with plug-and-play connection and smart software makes setup and automated data capture effortless.
- For use in: Laboratory
- Imaging system: Backscattered images
- Probe diameter: 9.5 mm
- Probe wetted length: 199 mm
- Field of view: 1000 μm x 1000 μm
- Optical resolution: > 1.5 μm
Compare results from small scale to larger scale during transfer to de-risk late stage process development.
- For use in: Lab or Non-Hazardous Plant
- Imaging system: Backscattered or transmission images with optional use of clamp-on reflector
- Probe diameter: 19 mm
- Probe wetted length: 400 mm
- Field of view: 1100 μm x 800 μm (± 50 μm)
- Optical resolution: > 980 nm
The Ultimate Particle Engineering Workstation
The EasyViewer particle size analyzer systems with iC Vision™ software seamlessly integrate into the EasyMax™ chemical synthesis reactor for easy experimental design. When experiments combine ReactRaman™ (Raman spectroscopy), ReactIR™ (FTIR spectroscopy), and ParticleTrack™, scientists can confidently overlay data in the iC Software™ to get answers and accelerate the development of particle systems.
- ReactRaman – A compact, high-performance Raman spectrometer provides critical insight for even the most challenging reactions, including crystallization processes, polymorphism detection, and multiphasic reactions
- ReactIR – A user-friendly in-situ FTIR spectrometer enables scientists to measure reaction trends and profiles in real time, providing highly specific information about supersaturation, reaction kinetics, mechanisms, and pathways
- ParticleTrack with FBRM technology – The industry-standard, inline tool used to measure the influence of process parameters on particle properties, including size, shape, and count
Understand precisely how process parameters impact concentration, size, shape, and structure to make better decisions, eliminate process risks and solve problems — faster.