Since 95% of pipette failures are sealing system-related, cleaning and inspecting your pipette regularly will go a long way toward assuring solid performance.
- Clean the shaft, seal/o-ring and piston with de-ionized water
- Use solutions designed to remove DNA & RNA when appropriate
- Replace the seal and o-ring if cracks or signs of leakage occur
- Avoid using corrosive solvents and clean the pipette immediately when you do
- Hanging pipettes when not in use will assure liquids completely drain out