Pumped food inspection
This white paper details the factors that affect the sensitivity of product inspection equipment on pumped food lines and explores the effectiveness of metal detectors and x-ray systems at various critical control points (CCPs). It also looks at typical pumped food applications and lists key factors that should be considered when installing equipment for optimal inspection.
Metal detectors and x-ray systems have different inspection capabilities which directly impact sensitivity.
The white paper focuses on the following areas in detail:
- Why submit pumped foods to product inspection?
- Which factors affect the sensitivity of product inspection equipment on pumped food lines?
- Which technology to choose – metal detection, x-ray inspection or both?
- How to establish CCPs for a product inspection system on a pumped food line?
- Which factors should be considered when installing product inspection equipment on a pumped food line?
Download this informative white paper to learn more
In addition, product passing through a pipe performs differently to product travelling on a conveyor. Food manufacturers should be aware of these differences prior to choosing and installing product inspection equipment on pumped food lines in order to maximize product safety, minimize the risk of recalls and comply with regulatory standards.
A final section has been included which advises readers on testing metal detection and x-ray inspection pipeline systems to ensure they continue to reject contaminated product and operate in accordance with the specified sensitivity standard.