Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
1. What type of chemical reagents can be used with QuickFlow?
Low concentration (<30%) solvents can be used. Higher concentration chemicals may harm
to the interior of the handle.
2. Can the QuickFlow portable aspirator be used as part of a vacuum manifold setup?
3. Can QuickFlow be used in a biosafety cabinet?
Yes. Both the base unit and handle can be used in a biosafety cabinet.
4. Can the handle assembly be used with any central vacuum system?
Yes, as well as the tubing provided in the handle kit. Other standard tubing used for vacuum
removal in the lab can also be used to connect the handle.
5. Do LTS tips fit on the single- and multi-tip adapters?
No. QuickFlow adapters have been designed for universal-fit (UNV) tips and will not work with
6. Can filter tips be used with single- or multi-tip adapters?
No. Do not use filter tips or filtered Pasteur pipettes with QuickFlow.
7. Which QuickFlow parts are autoclavable?
The QuickFlow handle, adapters, tubes, caps and collection bottle are all autoclavable.
8. Should I autoclave the full collecting bottle of supernatant / used culture media before emptying it?
Yes. Autoclave a full collecting bottle to eliminate infectious or other problematic constituents of collected liquid.