Comprehensive Reaction Understanding
with ReactRaman Raman Spectrometer
In order to understand chemical reactions, chemists must address the following:
- When does the reaction start? When does the reaction stop?
- What polymorph is being produced?
- What are the reaction kinetics, mechanism or crystallization process?
- Did it react as expected? Did any by-products form and why?
- What happens if reaction temperature, dosing rates, mixing rates change?
Traditionally, to obtain reaction information, samples are taken for offline analysis using HPLC. For chemistries in which sample removal results in the loss of key information, or are toxic or otherwise hazardous, this procedure is not straightforward. Furthermore, chemists must be present to take the sample and then wait for the results before reaction analysis can begin.
With inline Raman Spectrometers, continuous monitoring allows users to trend components over time for a 'molecular video' of the reaction - making it easy to answer critical questions for reaction and process optimization.