Features and Benefits
The Genuine Motivation
As a rule, “validation for the inspector” is a “documentation package” in a computer-assisted system that serves no other purpose than giving someone a piece of paper to show the inspector.
There are much better reasons for computer-assisted system validation, namely:
- Increasing process knowledge through improved knowledge of the system
- Increasing familiarity with the computer-assisted system
- Minimizing the risk of malfunction
- Lowering the cost of operating the system
- Lowering the cost of expanding the system
If these are your motivations for validating your system, you can be sure you’ll generate not just costs, but also business management benefits.