A repeatable formulation process starts with accurate weighing. Simple paper-based operations can be enhanced with scale terminals that feature visual tolerance indication with weighing bars and color displays. Documentation and traceability are achieved by attaching a printer to record actual material quantities.
How to improve accuracy of formulations?
The accuracy of your formulations can be improved by addressing the root causes for errors, such as using unsuitable scales, incorrect selection of raw materials, false labeling, and incorrect documentation. By choosing the right scales and accessories, such as bar code readers, label printers, ICS689 terminals, and/ or Formulation Solutions, these mistakes will be avoided and significantly improve accuracy.
What scale to use for formulation?
When deciding what scale to use for your formulation, measurement uncertainty, possible environmental influences and the weighing tolerances must be considered. By using the Scale Selector Guide, a suitable scale for your formulation can be used.
How to improve formulation quality?
The quality of formulation can be improved by addressing the root causes for errors, such as using unsuitable scales, incorrect selection of raw materials, false labeling, and incorrect documentation. By choosing the right scales and accessories, such as bar code readers, label printers, ICS689 terminals, and/ or Formulation Solutions, these mistakes will be avoided and significantly improve accuracy.
Only accurate, repeatable and error-free formulation processes ensure perfect batches.
Review our four formulation solutions and see why choosing the right equipment pays off!
Speed Up Simple Formulation Processes
The ICS689 is a stand alone formulation work station that offers:
- Guides an operator through a recipe
- Provides traceable recipe weighing
- Can handle up to 50 recipes with up to 50 components each
Make Every Batch Perfect
Form+ is a recipe management software that offers:
- Easy adaptation of your processes with no limits on formulas
- Tools to ensure safe, correct and traceable recipe execution
- Connectivity to multiple bench and floor scales
Formulation software: www.mt.com/Formplus
Bench platforms: www.mt.com/ind-platforms
Ensure Accurate and Fast Dosing
The IND570 filling and dosing terminal supports:
- Easy-to-configure software routines, or material storage tables
- Connectivity to Powerdeck floor scales for optimal operator guidance
- Multiple PLC interface options, along with sample programs such as Rockwell Automation profiles
Dosing terminal: www.mt.com/IND570
Floor scales: www.mt.com/Powerdeck
Ensure a High Batching Yield
The IND780batch terminal offers:
- Storage for up to 1,000 recipes with as many as 99 steps per recipe
- Multiple interface options for tracking and tracing
- An ideal combination with PowerMount Weigh Modules to avoid bad batches in tank weighing applications
Batching terminal: www.mt.com/IND780
Weigh modules: www.mt.com/ind-powermount
- Increasing Operational Efficiency with High Performance Weighing, Measuring and Inspection Solutions and Services