Because the calibration of balances is a mandatory requirement of USP Chapter 41, METTLER TOLEDO offers the certificate USP General Chapter 41 "Balances".
eLearning Course: Compliance with USP Chapters 41 and 1251 on Weighing
This eLearning course provides all the information required to understand the 2013 revisions to USP General Chapters 41 (Balances) and 1251 (Weighing on an Analytical Balance). A certificate will be automatically generated upon completion of the course, which should take 60-90 minutes.
The course covers:
- The revisions to USP 41 and 1251
- The impact this has on your weighing equipment
- Recommended frequency of performance qualification (PQ)
- The significance of the minimum weight of a balance – and how to calculate it
- Repeatability and accuracy requirements
- The importance of using a calibrated balance
What is USP?
The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is a scientific, non-governmental organization that sets the official public standards for drugs and drug products in the US. These standards include identity, strength, quality and purity of substances manufactured, distributed and consumed in the US. The USP drug standards are used in more than 140 countries and are enforceable in the US by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It has a similar legal status to the European Pharmacopoeia compendium in Europe.
What are USP Chapters 41 and 1251 about?
- USP General Chapter 41 "Balances” is mandatory and states the requirements for balances used for materials that must be accurately weighed. Weighing should be performed using a balance that is calibrated over the operating range and meets the requirements defined for repeatability and accuracy.
- USP General Chapter 1251 "Weighing on an Analytical Balance" is a guideline applicable to balances used in all analytical procedures. It provides information on installation and operational qualification (IQ/OQ), performance qualification and balance checks (routine testing), minimum weight and balance operation. See the webinar on Calibration and Qualification of Laboratory Instruments.
USP Chapter 41 Weighing Requirements
This white paper explains the weighing requirements of USP Chapter 41 "Balances" and USP Chapter 1251 "Weighing on an Analytical Balance". Learn how to ensure consistently high-quality results.
Certificates USP 41 & Ph. Eur. 2.1.7
General chapters USP 41 and Ph. Eur. 2.1.7 address equipment performance and introduce three measures to be carried out periodically in laboratory weighing.
European Pharmacopoeia Chapter 2.1.7
Download a free white paper PDF to ensure that your weighing processes are compliant with Ph. Eur. Chapter 2.1.7. Ensure compliance with the latest guidelines.
USP Guidelines for Weighing in the Pharmaceutical Industry
This reference paper explains the USP Chapters 41 and 1251 on weighing and how to ensure compliance. A risk-based approach to optimize balance calibration and testing is presented.
Webinars and eLearnings
USP Chapters 41 and 1251 eLearning
This course introduces you to the June 2013 revision of USP Chapters 41 and 1251 - two general chapters focused on balances and weighing on an analytical balance. It provides an expert insight into the concepts and details of the revised chapters.
Webinar: European Pharmacopoeia "Balances for Analytical Purposes"
This webinar explains everything you need to know about the new Ph. Eur. General Chapter 2.1.7 "Balances for Analytical Purposes".