We are looking for a Test & Development Engineer (Applications) to provide expertise and support to the business with regards to the performance capability and functional capability of the product range. The role works closely together with the software and hardware design teams during product development and product enhancements providing input and analysis. Additionally the role helps to provide strong internal communications across functions (Service, Quality & Production) to aid problem solving and continuous improvement.
Priority Roles and Responsibilities
- Gain in depth knowledge of the operation of X-ray inspection systems in order to assist with product development, continuous improvement, customer quotations, applications testing and analysis, and field issues.
- Support the Software and hardware development processes by acting as the end user and feeding back if requirements are understood
- Support other functions with detailed technical input on new bids and during new platform development projects.
- Support Production team with development of Software and Hardware related SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Performance testing of software / hardware and product handling / reject systems and creation of associated data reference matrices.
- Assist in software/hardware issue resolution (root cause analysis).
- Provide strong interface to Service, Quality, & Production teams to relay new knowledge gained.
- Provide system set-up training on complex systems.
- Provide input to development projects based on lessons learned in field issues.
- Support the Technical Author with input to new User and Technical Documentation
- An electrical or electronic educational background is preferred (Degree qualified or City & Guilds 224, ONC or HNC in Electronics / Electrical Engineering).
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and electronic systems used in machinery.
- Experience of IT networking of machinery.
- Strong mechanical understanding (moving parts, motors, pneumatics, etc)
- Significant relevant field experience in the use of complex machinery with mechanical, software and hardware electronics content will be beneficial.
- Significant experience in the operation of X-ray inspection systems would be an advantage.
- Excellent problem solving ability to establish root cause.
- Understanding of product testing methods (EMC, software validation, etc…)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interface with all parts of the business internally and externally - particularly with customers.
- Creativity and enthusiasm.
- Does not give up.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and make confident decisions.
- Diplomacy skills.
- The role will require occasional travel within the UK and overseas.
- Awareness of Quality systems (e.g. ISO 9001).
- Good abilities with MS Excel, Word & Powerpoint
Competitive salary plus company benefit package, including bonus scheme.
To find out more about us please click on the following links:
Safeline X-ray Company Video
Safeline X-ray Inspection Systems
To apply for this position please include your CV, cover letter and salary expectations.
Please note only succesful candidates will be contacted within 7 days on receipt of CV and we thank you for your interest.