XS2 MV Checkweigher
The Safest All-in-One Solution.Serialisation, verification, checkweighing and optionally tamper evidence sealing. All-in-one exceptionally process-safe solution. The unit ensures global traceability and is a crucial element in reducing counterfeit pharmaceutical products.
Exceptional Process Safety
A fail safe design that ensures all cartons leaving the system are correctly serialised, tamper evidence sealed as well as content controlled.
Years of Built-in Experience
Extensive experience of carton handling is built into the conveyor controls providing unparalleled accurate carton tracking and sorting.
Sorting catch bins that are emptied during production and clear views of all parts provide maximum productivity even while the unit is producing.
| Accuracy||from ±0.1 g at 3 sigma|
| Approval||Weights & Measures design approval for official verification (MID certifiable)|
| Combination Options||Track & Trace|
| Customization Options||Bespoke Handling|
| Industry||Pharma; Cosmetics|
| Maximum Product Weight||600 g|
| Product Width||200 mm|
| Production Environment||Dry|
| Throughput||500 ppm|
| Transport Height||830 mm - 950 mm (± 30 mm)|
| Weighing Range||0 g - 300 g|
| Material Number(s)||24000232|
Human Safety in Focus
Operator protection is safeguarded by a full length cover, electro-mechanical safety locks, and more emergency stop levels.
Meeting producer's requirements with pharma-options, factory acceptance tests, validation supporting documentation and a world-wide service network.
Weighing Terminal (HMI)
15-inch color touchscreen TFT display. Individual user access profiles with password protection. More than 30 available languages. Displays all key weight, production and configuration data.
Electromagnetic force restoration (EMFR) load cell, digital, maintenance-free, with temperature compensation, made in Switzerland.
Data Collection for Compliance Support
More than ten data communication protocols provide the most complete suite of data collection tools. Supports Industry 4.0 integration projects.
Global Service Support
A global network of service experts provide fast remote and on-site support. Our comprehensive service offering allows you to achieve regulatory compliance, high performance, and maximum uptime throughout the life cycle of your product inspection equipment.
Features and Benefits
- The XS2 MV checkweigher with its very precise mechanical product handling units and extremely reliable marking, verification and sorting devices has been designed to process high production volumes to ensure that it has no negative effect on your operating equipment effectiveness and overall line efficiency.
- The XS2 MV has been designed to function with a multitude of world leading marking and camera systems to give you the freedom to choose components from suppliers already designated by your company as “trusted partners”. This enables easier integration in your IT network and data communication protocols.
- The exact handling allows for high conveyor speeds (up to 90m/min) increasing productivity and fulfilling existing line speeds for current and future applications.
- The compact design saves valuable production floor space and allows very simple integration into new or existing pharmaceutical production lines.
- All components, which include checkweighing, ink jet printing or laser marking systems, high-resolution verification cameras, mechanical transfer units and sorting devices, have been finely tuned to work in perfect unison enabling you to meet global serialization, E-Pedigree and Track & Trace legal requirements and specifications.
- The XS2 MV can be immediately integrated into all applications where the production process needs to conform to pharmaceutical requirements such as 21 CFR part 11, full traceability, audit trail and validation supporting documentation. This offers considerable time and money savings in all steps from planning through to commissioning.
- The mechanical transfer unit is equipped with easily adjustable hand wheels for highly accurate position control enabling the system to be adjusted to different carton dimensions in a matter of seconds. This dramatically reduces downtime for product changeovers.
- Integrated solution from one supplier with great experience in product handling, line integration and integration of marking and vision systems. Only one partner is responsible for your serialization project equipment.
- Ready to use system for optimized line integration reducing start-up time and expenses.
- METTLER TOLEDO Hi-Speed long-term experience of product inspection equipment for the pharmaceutical market with strong partners for print / camera systems, large experience with FAT, SAT and validation of systems
- Centralized quarantining of non-conforming products (safe and easy to keep track of).
- Large selection of options specifically designed for the pharmaceutical industry.
- An ink jet printer or laser marker in the infeed area for clear, sharp printing of human-readable characters and serial numbers as well as barcodes and data matrix in compliance with international printing standards.
- Click & Print technology for rapid cartridge replacement, maintenance-free and non-wearing.
- High-resolution camera system for recording the printed data (OCR / OCV). Accurately reads even very small barcodes at high speed reducing false rejections.
- Ultrafast sorting using a high pressure precision air jet for reliable rejection ensuring that no non-conforming products enter the good path.
- Easy product changeover through highly accurate and repeatable position control.
- In compliance with legislations regulations for the different track & trace concepts and open for further regulation requirements – protects your investment.
- Worldwide network of sales- and service-engineers.
- 21 CRF Part 11 function, extended user management, audit trail and password protection
- Mechanical transfer unit with lower belt and vertically adjustable upper belt for precise and reliable product transfer
- Continuous regulation of the belt speed
- Ultrafast sorting using a high pressure air jet
- Lockable polycarbonate collection containers, optimised for pharmaceutical products
- Adjustable height of the entire system for optimum line integration (± 30 mm)
- "Weights and Measures" design-approved in certain countries
- Manual or automatic re-zero
- Various user-selectable program languages
- Access protection by user profiles and password
- Modular concept, ease of servicing
- Indication of all current important weighing and production data as well as configuration screens
- Product take over system consisting of bottom belt (800 mm) and height adjustable top belt for flawless takeover of products.
- 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1 phase, > 500 VA