The DST Series AgX Fiber Conduit is the best sampling technology choice for liquid-based reaction monitoring in the lab and plant. Available in 9.5 mm and 6.3 mm, the DST Series AgX Fiber Conduit allows maximum flexibility of use in a wide range of lab vessels and plant reactors without the need for alignment. Compatible with all ReactIR units, the DST Series AgX Fiber Conduit offers the widest range of analytical performance.
Sensor (located at probe tip) Options
Consider pH, chemical compatibility and mid-infrared optical window:
- SiComp - (pH Range: 1 to 10) - The SiComp sensor has a wide optical window. However, Silicon is susceptible to abrasion and chemical attack by superacids/bases, concentrated HCl, H2SO4 and HNO3, as well as halogenated chemistry (to name a few).
- DiComp - (pH Range: 1 to 14) - Diamond is extremely robust and can withstand extreme environments and reaction conditions.
Other Considerations* - Consider Temperature, Pressure, Material Compatibility and Probe and Vessel Dimensions:
- Temperature and Pressure - Check your chemistry requirements against the probe specification.
- Material Compatibility - Wetted materials are alloy C22 (probe) and gold (sensor seal) for standard probes, aside from diamond or silicon sensor options. For unknown chemical compatibility, METTLER TOLEDO offers Test Kits of each wetted material to evaluate the compatibility with your reaction. Please contact METTLER TOLEDO for Test Kit ordering information.
- Probe Dimensions - Check your reaction vessel volume for insertion specification. Various insertion lengths are available as standard (and custom), as well as overall length (probe plus fiber) ranging from 1.5m to 4.0m standard lengths.