Process Safety requires fundamental understanding of the thermal hazards of a reaction.
- How much heat will be generated under normal conditions?
- How will a change in condition, controlled or uncontrolled, change the rate of heat generation?
- Can our process equipment handle removing the rate of heat generation?
Answering these questions with speed and accuracy is necessary to ensure safe and efficient design and scale-up of synthesis reactions.
METTLER TOLEDO is the global leader in providing measurements for laboratory characterization of the thermal behavior of batch and semi-batch reactions.
- Thermal Analysis for characterization of decomposition profiles - identifying potential of explosions and runaway reactions
- Reaction Calorimetry for monitoring heat of reaction under normal operating conditions with accurately controlled temperature, pressure, dosing rates. RTCalTM provides real time heat of reaction measurement - for isothermal and non-isothermal processes -without the need for calibration
- Reaction monitoring (in situ FTIR with ReactIRTM) for a full picture of reaction mechanisms and kinetics - including detection of intermediates and side reactions
- NEW iC Safety software to automate the calculation of standard thermal safety values - heat of reaction, thermal conversion, thermal accumulation, adiabatic temperature rise, Maximum Temperature of Synthetic Reaction (MTSR)