Weighing devices can help you improve the quality of parts and components and eliminate risks in production processes. These risks can include product failure or malfunction, as well as deficiencies in service that disappoint your customers and damage your reputation. The new ISO 9001:2015 works to combat these issues and uniformly assure quality worldwide by introducing the concept of risk-based thinking in its newest revision.
According to ISO, risk identification and management can improve production quality when a manufacturer takes advantage of opportunities for improvement based on a thorough risk analysis. By selecting weighing as a point of quality control and following METTLER TOLEDO GWP® methodology, you can apply risk-based quality management in practice and eliminate production risks.
GWP, or Good Weighing Practice™, is a standardized scientific methodology for the secure selection, calibration and operation of weighing equipment. GWP can help you comply with ISO 9001:2015 by:
- Reducing quality risk. Implement weighing as a quality checkpoint in your parts or components production.
- Selecting the right equipment. Select equipment according to your individualized requirements and tolerances.
- Providing professional installation. Weigh right from the start and reduce production risks from poor handling and wrong measurements.
- Creating a comprehensive calibration plan. Reduce the risk of false weighing results throughout the weighing equipment's lifetime.
- Performing only meaningful tests. Learn when to test and know where you can save money by reducing overtesting.
To learn more details on the importance of risk-based thinking in your production process, download the application note for a clear summary.