PAT For Process Development and Scale-up
- Use of Automated Synthesis Reactors to Estimate the Stoessel Classification for Reaction Hazards
Dr. Albert Colomer | Head of Process Safety | UCB Pharma S.A., Belgium
- Investigating a Serious Runaway Reaction Incident using Reaction Calorimetry
Dr. Stephen Rowe | DEKRA Organisational and Process Safety UK
- Mechanistic Understanding Guides Impurity Control Strategy for CELMoD API reaction
Geoff Purdum | Principal Scientist | Chemical Process Development (CPD) | Bristol Myers Squibb
Each talk will be followed by a live Q&A session with the presenter.
Featuring presenters from UCB Pharma and DEKRA, this free online event is for process chemists and engineers who are interested in developing and implementing strategic approaches to ensure product quality via process reproducibility and stability – in a resource-sparring manner. Each presenter will share practical examples and case studies on the use of process analytics to overcome challenges around route selection, reaction understanding and monitoring, heat transfer and process safety.
Who Should Attend?
Process chemists and chemical engineers who need to:
- Consider the impact of scaling up delayed or auto-catalyzed reactions, heat or product accumulations, or heat transfer
- Understand reaction mechanisms such as critical reaction parameters, kinetics, reaction intermediates, or limits of heat exchange
- Investigate 'what if' scenarios like cooling failure, mixing failure, heat exchange fouling, or dosing disruptions
There is no cost to attend, but registration is required and space is limited.