Laboratory and industrial solutions support lithium ion battery development and production, starting from components testing to final battery quality control.
Measuring Moisture in Lithium-Ion Batteries
Sustainable energy sources and carriers are becoming increasingly important in today’s world. Lithium-ion batteries (LiBs) are energy carriers that are more sustainable than traditional energy sources such as petroleum, gas, coal, and oil. They support the reduction of carbon emissions to help meet carbon neutrality goals, such as Net Zero.
For LiBs to deliver the expected performance and sustainability, the moisture and dry content of the batteries must be carefully controlled in production. This application note describes how METTLER TOLEDO halogen moisture analyzers help ensure consistent quality in LiBs with fast and accurate moisture content determination.
In this application note, you will learn:
- The steps of the LiB manufacturing process
- Why controlling moisture content in batteries is important
- How to perform fast and accurate moisture content determination
- The method of moisture determination performed on a halogen moisture analyzer for slurry and precursor material
- How the halogen moisture method compares to the drying oven method