This webinar has four sections:
- Introduction to Living Carbocationic Polymerization of Olefins
- Motivation for Real-Time, In situ Spectrometers where offline analysis is challenging or impossible
- Measuring Polymerization Kinetics
- Case Study: Reaction Monitoring of Isobutylene and Styrene:
- Quantifying the conversion in real time
- Correcting for exothermic temperature rise and monomer dilution
- Calculating the number of monomer units per chain
- Determining the ionization rate constant
This webinar would be of interest to anyone working in Polymer Science.
Guest Presenter - Professor Robson F. Storey
Robson Storey is currently the Bennett Distinguished Professor of Polymer Science and Engineering within the School of Polymers and High Performance Materials at The University of Southern Mississippi. His research interests are in the area of synthetic polymer chemistry, with particular emphasis on cationic chain polymerizations and ring-opening polymerizations, biomedical/biodegradable polymers, block and graft copolymers, star-branched polymers, and network polymers. He has published approximately 155 scientific articles and is the inventor on 24 U.S. Patents. Storey obtained B.S. degrees from The University of Southern Mississippi, and a Ph.D. in Polymer Science from the University of Akron.