IsoStep is a temperature-modulated DSC method that allows you to determine heat capacities and kinetic effects separately in a single DSC run. Overlapping thermal events can therefore be clearly distinguished. IsoStep provides a straightforward approach to the determination of heat capacities. The temperature program consists of a large number of short dynamic steps each of which starts and ends with an isothermal segment. The automatic analysis of isothermal signal deviations leads to the kinetic curve.
- Conventional DSC curve
- Reversing and non-reversing curve
- Heat capacity and kinetic curve
- Very accurate heat capacity determination
- Investigation of kinetic effects unaffected by any accompanying heat capacity changes
- Separation of overlapping effects
- Frequently used for the investigation of mixtures of compounds as well as for evaporation processes and curing reactions