This temperature-modulated DSC (TMDSC) method allows both temperature-dependent and time-dependent processes to be separated. The basic idea of TOPEM® is to overlay the isothermal or ramped temperature with a time series of stochastic (random) temperature pulses of different durations. The quasi static cp is separated from the reversing effects. The frequency-dependence of cp can be calculated.
|Material Number(s) Material Number(s):51141971||51141971|
|Trade Name Trade Name:TOPEM,ADSC,MDSC,temperature modulated dsc||TOPEM,ADSC,MDSC,temperature modulated dsc|
- One measurement – simultaneous measurement of sample proper-ties as a function of time and temperature over a large frequency range.
- cp determination from the pulse response – very accurate determination of the quasi-static heat capacity.
- Simultaneous high sensitivity and high resolution – allows the measurement of low energy transitions and/or close-lying temperature-dependent effects.
- Separation of reversing and non-reversing processes – heat capacities can be determined with unrivaled quality even if the effects overlap.
- Simplifies interpretation – frequency-dependent effects (e.g. glass transitions) can be very easily distinguished from frequency-independent effects (e.g. loss of moisture).
- Extended PEM technique – eliminates instrumental influences and extends the measurable frequency range.
- Automatic cp adjustment – provides accurate frequency-dependent heat capacity values based on one single measurement.