Compression weigh modules are used to create scales when standard scale products are not available. The scales created can be customized platform or conveyor scales, tanks, hoppers or reactor vessels.
Needless to say, weigh modules must be carefully chosen to provide the required performance over their lifetime. A new guide supports engineers in choosing the right weigh module. It walks readers through the following 8 steps:
- Calculating weighing capacity
- Determining mechanical and electrical topology
- Providing safety during installation and operation
- Complying with accuracy requirement
- Complying with hazardous zones
- Complying with environmental conditions
- Facilitate fast and economical installation
- Determining calibration method
METTLER TOLEDO offers weigh modules, including junction boxes, with approvals for all globally relevant standards.
- Capacities: From 110 kilograms up to 100 tons
- OIML, NTEP, ATEX, FM, IEECx approvals as standard
- Compliance with EHEDG and NSF guidelines
- Hardware available in carbon steel or 304 or 316 stainless steel
- Stainless-steel load cells with IP68/IP69K protection
- Connectivity to fieldbus: PROFINET, PROFIBUS, EtherNet/IP, CC-Link
A new guide leads engineers in 8 steps through all relevant points to make the right selection for their application.